Friday, February 3, 2012

Gender Roles in Fashion

Fashioning the body is considered more important for women than for men. The reason for this is because most women are into what they look like and how they dress. For example, women like getting ready for extravagant parties more than men do. They like wearing fancy gowns and dresses and they like to look nice. I think there is more emphasis on women’s clothing because women are more into fashion. There is more designs and color on women’s clothing. Men usually wear simple plain colors like grey, black, and white. Not all if not most men, are not into fashion as much as women are. Michael Kors mainly focuses on women’s attire and accessories. He does a lot of purses, wallets, sunglasses, clothes, and bathing suits. He also does men attire but he mainly focuses on women. Ralph Lauren is someone who does mostly men’s clothing. There are a lot of sweater vests, sweaters, polos, etc. there are a lot of women’s clothing too, but I think most of the women’s clothing was inspired from the men’s line. I think designing for men is easier and simpler because they don’t wear extravagant things. But, I think designing for women is more fun. Most women wear a lot of different things because they all have different styles. If I were a designer, I would want to design for women because I feel like It would be more fun and I would learn more techniques.  

No comments:

Post a Comment